My Cafe Press Store

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Ketogenic Brownies

ב"ה

I was reading yet another "Top X Superfoods" article and, of course, they mentioned sugar-free chocolate. So I decided I was in the mood for brownies.

I took 1/2 cup coconut flour and 1/2 cup almond flour and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (and put them into a bowl) and put in 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder (or sweeten with your sweetener of choice). I added 4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup) cacao powder and a 5.6 ounce can of unsweetened coconut cream and 1 cup unsweetened coconut "milk". I blended everything together and split the batter between two (unbleached) parchment paper lined loaf pans (I put another piece of parchment paper to even the batter out as well as I could) and put it in the oven at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit -- around 190-200 degrees C). Take from the over and cool. While the cake part is cooling, make a glaze using 2 Tablespoons MCT oil, 1/4 teaspoon stevia and 1 Tablespoon of cacao powder -- put it into the freezer for 10 minutes to give it some substance. Drizzle/spread the glaze over the cake.

When it cools a bit, cut into squares. Hope you like it :-)


No comments: