My Cafe Press Store

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

Monday, September 5, 2011

Noodles Cauliflower

ב"ה

I was getting into a bit of a rut and my medical practitioner told me to avoid grains (yet again), so I decided to come up with a new recipe. I've been eating some mung bean pasta (I was also advised to eat more protein and this pasta has 20 grams of protein per serving) and I wanted to come up with a good sauce for it.

In the meantime, I've been rediscovering my lifelong love of cauliflower. Cruciforous vegetables keep popping up in articles I've been reading about healthy foods. So I decided to take a head of cauliflower and steam it, Then I took out the food processor, added the steamed cauliflower (except for the floret or two I snuck into my mouth), a bit of almond "milk" and 2 tablespoons tahini. I pureed the whole "business" and added filtered water (about 1/2 cup twice, so 1 cup total). I had sauteed some veggies (a few mushrooms, a quartered-sliced zucchini, and a handful of shredded carrots) and added 1/2 the veggies to the sauce and pureed again. I then took the rest of the veggies and stirred them into the sauce. I later put the sauce on a package of cooked mung bean noodles and mixed it all together. It came out really delicious.

No comments: