My Cafe Press Store

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chocolate!!!!!

B"H

A few months ago, I went down to Princeton to Whole Foods -- a store I love. It amazes me sometimes how many new and wonderful foods I find there. The last time I was there, I found a chocolate bar -- a baking chocolate that is parve (many of the baking chocolates are certified dairy even if there are no dairy ingredients -- if they're made on dairy equipment), 99% cocoa and natural. I bought it and checked it out with my alternative medical practitioner (he checks foods to see how my body reacts to them and the food that works with my body I can eat) and he said I could eat it.

I took the chocolate and melted it, added 2 tablespoons each mixed chopped nuts and cacao nibs (chopped cacao beans) and two teaspoons (equivalent to about 1 cup of sugar) of stevia. Then I took the mixture by the 1/2 tablespoon and put them on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. I then put the cookie sheet in the refrigerator and when the chocolate solidifies I take it off the parchment and put it in a plastic container and keep them in the refrigerator. I love them. (I had to find the baker's chocolate on the 'net to buy it again -- it just came today so I could make more....). This time I added a bit of erythritol to help with the sweetness (the chocolate is a bit on the bitter side) and I think it helped.

Compugraph Designs web site

Check out my other blogs:

Israel and it's Place in the World
Jewish Singles
Strong Jewish Women

Check out my squidoo lenses (articles):

Jewish Wedding Customs
Going to a Wedding Single
Strong Biblical Women
Strong Biblical Women 2
Strong Biblical Women Part 3
Ruth and Naomi
Strong Biblical Women 5: Tamar -- Mother of Kings
Strong Biblical Women 6: Yocheved -- Mother of Moshe (Moses)
Strong Biblical Women 7: Miriam
Why Be Vegetarian
Vegetarianism: Getting Started 1
Vegetarianism: Getting Started 2
Rosh Hashana
Quick Vegan Cooking
Creating new recipes from old
Hanuka
About the Jewish Calendar
Witches and Morality
Presidential Trivia Quiz
Christmas and the Jewish Single
Math Hints 1 -- Adding Fractions
Presidents1: George Washington
Passover: Holiday of Freedom
John and John Quincy Adams
Television Trivia Quiz
Jewish Perspective of G-d
Purim, Esther et al
Being an internet small business owner
Why I'm a Red Sox fan
Pythagorean Theorem
My Blogs
Top 10 Presidents
Bottom 10 Presidents
How Can We Appeal to G-d for Forgiveness?
Math Tips 2
Searching for a Fashion Partner
Math Hints 3
One Actor, Two Shows (TV Quiz)
Presidential Tidbits
Why Should anyone hire Me?
Eat a Healthy Breakfast
My experience on Jeopardy
Project:Runway and how it got me excited about designing again
Who's Buried in Grant's Tomb?
My Vocational Experiences
Check out my Stress Release Mix list

No comments: