My Cafe Press Store

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

"Chili" Keto Sin Carne

ב"ה

I'm only calling this "Chili" because the idea was based on Chili. This has no tomato, no beans, no meat. So it's hard to call it Chili. It has almonds, walnuts, cauliflower, coconut "milk", mushrooms (I love Shiitake), spices..... (and, though it doesn't taste a thing like chili, I really think it came out good)

I started with a 10 ounce bag of organic almonds. I put it in a pot of spiced (and salted) water (I have my spice mix, but you might want to choose spices to your own liking). I boiled the water and added the almonds. I cooked it on simmer with the pot covered for about an hour and a quarter. While the almonds were boiling, I steamed a bag of frozen cauliflower and a bag of frozen riced cauliflower. I also sauteed up a lot of shiitake mushrooms (I used frozen and rehydrated dehydrated) in olive oil with a bit of spice mix and salt.

When the cauliflower was really soft, I put it in the blender with one cup of unsweetened coconut "milk" and 1 1/2 cups of the spiced almond water. I added some more spice mix, and a teaspoon each of lion's mane mushroom powder, reishi mushroom powder and kale powder. It needed to be blended a few times (because of the thickness) but when you blend it all together, it's the sauce.

When the almonds are done, drain them, add the sauce (some may be left over), 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and the mushrooms (as much as possible -- I can't imagine there'd be a way there would be too many mushrooms). Mix, eat and enjoy (just don't expect it to taste like chili). The mushrooms add a meaty taste.

No comments: